Thursday, June 7, 2012

Illustration Friday - Hurry!



"Everything was going south and fast. I had an APB out on my ass, a mangled hand and a duffel bag filled with enough contraband to give me a vampire's sentence in prison. If I didn't hurry and get the hell out of dodge, I'd wind up in bracelets or getting pumped full of lead."

For this week's Illustration Friday, I thought that it might be fun to visit the crime genre. Even though it's one of my favorite genres (blame it on experiencing Frank Miller's Sin City and Martin Scorcese's Taxi Driver at a young age) I don't draw a whole lot based around it even though it's a perfect for memorable images full of character, action and atmosphere (if you know what you're doing.) and it was fun to take a small break from drawing girls and zombies all the time to do something a little different.

No comments:

Post a Comment