Thursday, June 14, 2012

Illustration Friday - Shiny


It's that time again everyone! It's another Illustration Friday entry and our topic this week is "Shiny" and let's face it, next to King Midas there isn't anyone more shiny than iconic and always entertaining Mr. T!

The hardest part of this piece was definitely coloring the barrage of necklaces and achieving a shiny look. It took several layers, multiple gradients and a clipping mask to get it the way I wanted it to look. The only thing that I couldn't translate from my mind successfully were the flourishes of sparkles and shimmers that I wanted to coat the necklace in as if it were the cover of "Mr. T and the T-Force" since I just didn't have the right set of brushes for this exact purpose.

Overall, I'm really pleased with the way this came out. Whenever I work in Photoshop, I'm always looking to excel my previous piece or possibly learn something new by experimenting with the program and I feel I've definitely learned something and improved since my last digital piece "Shades/Sunglasses in Space".

If you have any thoughts on this or any pointers, please let me know via the comments.

1 comment: